Custom Widgets Step by Step Guide
This document describes the usage of the pluggable widget framework. Therefore the user is guided through the creation of different example widgets.
All necessary and optional custom widget building blocks will be explained step by step and illustrated by meaningful code snippets.
Each chapter and example widget is supposed to only focus on one specific widget building block, like data assignment, filtering etc.
Reading the documentation and trying out the simple example widgets should qualify the reader to create and understand simple and complex custom widgets on their own.
- (0) Custom widgets introduction and prerequisites
- (1) Creating a simple custom widget
- (2) Setting up data assignment
- (3) Configuration of assigned columns
- (4) Configuration of thresholds
- (5) Selection handling
- (5a) Multiple selection handling
- (6) Using filters
- (7) Creating actions
- (8) Enable multi-language support
- (9) Using the D3 library within a custom widget