Table of Contents
1. How to create a new article to the Tips, Tricks and Code?
2. I have just added an article to the Tips, Tricks and Code. How can I find it?
3. How to add attachments?
4. Recommendations on how to structure your new article?
5. I'm writing an article which is part of a series. How to interconnect with the other articles?
6. Can I replace attachments in Tips, Tricks and Code article?
7. How can I comment on an article?
8. Can I preview my page while I am editing it?
9. Can I subscribe to email notifications of new articles in Tips, Tricks and Code?
- To create a new article to the Tips, Tricks and Code, navigate to the home page of the section
- Click Add New
To visit a wiki article you have recently created, click on "Recent Changes" in the top menu of the Tips, Tricks and Code section. On the following page, you will see the latest entries listed on top of the page.
Another option is to search for the page - to do so, enter the term you are looking for and then hit enter or click on the Read button
You can upload attachments to an article before you publish it and after that. Here are the steps to follow to add an attachment:
1. Start creating a new article (a) or edit an existing one (b)
a. Adding an attachment to a New Page
You can add the attachment when you create an article, just by drag and drop to the Attachments field under the WYSWYG editor
b. Adding an attachment to an already existing page or Draft page
Click on the Attachments tab under the article and use the button Add Attachments
For better reader experience we recommend you to:
- Font matters
- Title: Make it easy to comprehend, preferably use full product or feature names (e.g. use webMethods Integration Server instead of IS or Cumulocity instead of C8Y)
- Introduction: Include brief sentences on what is the purpose of the article and to whom it may be useful
- Content Recommendations
- Headers: Use H2's to emphasize the major points of your article, use H3 to list references
- Tags: At the bottom of the article you can set tags that will help to make the article easier to find and access. For your convenience, you can select the tags from the list with checkboxes
- Related assets: Use this feature to make it easier for the reader to find connected articles on the topic
- Don't create one huge article but instead split it into an easy to follow series of tutorials. Make sure they are interlinked at the right places, so that a user will jump to the next section
You can list other articles at the end of the body, or you can use the feature Related assets which you'll find when editing. With the help of Related assets, you can connect TECHcommunity Blog posts or Tips, Tricks and Code articles.
- Edit your article
- Find Related assets in the bottom
- Select - Choose between Blog entry or Wiki Page (Tips, Tricks and Code page)
- Find the article and click Choose
Yes, if you are the author of the article, you can. To do so you will need to delete the attachment you want to replace and then upload a new one with the same name. Just follow these steps:
1. Login to TECHcommunity and visit the page you wish to edit
2. Click on the Attachments tab
3. Allocate the attachment you want to replace and click on Delete to remove it. Upload the new attachment with the same name.
If you want to comment on an article, follow these steps:
- go to the bottom of the article page
- allocate the option Comment, either under the article title or in the bottom of the page
- type your response in the field, once you are ready to post hit Reply
Yes - on the Edit page, select the Preview check button at the bottom of the editing frame. A preview version of your page appears immediately on top of the page.
Yes, you can. To do so follow the steps:
- select the Details option available in the top of the article, just below the title
- then, find the section Email Subscription, and select the desired option:
- subscribe to this page
- subscribe to this wiki (this will subscribe you to all Tips, Tricks and Code updates and new articles)